Cheesy, gooey, and easy to prepare. Perfect for breakfast or a snack with coffee.
servings: 35 / preparation time: 1 hour
17.5 oz (about 2 1/4 cups) yucca or tapioca flour
1 pinch of salt
3.4 ounces milk
3.4 oz water
3.4 oz oil
7 oz grated mozzarella cheese
3.5 oz grated Parmesan cheese
3.5 oz grated provolone cheese
1 – Heat milk, water and oil until it begins to boil.
2 – In a large bowl, mix the starch and salt.
3 – Add the hot liquid, mix a little bit and let it cool.
4 – Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and add to the bowl.
5 – Add the cheese and mix well, until the dough is well combined.
6 – Shape small balls and bake in preheated oven (350° F).
7 – Bake for 25-30 minutes (until golden brown on top).
Tips and Options:
- The recipe calls for about 14 ounces of cheese and it can be chosen according to your taste, a blend of mozzarella, Parmesan, provolone, gouda, swiss, etc.
- Fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme, and rosemary can also be added to the dough.
- You can eat the cheese bread by itself or add some fillings. My favorite fillings are cream cheese and salami are, but you can also serve it with queso fresco, deli meat, dulce de leche, or nutella.
- Yucca flour has two types: sour and sweet. Either one can be used for this recipe.
- To freeze, place the bread in the freezer, using a sheet pan. Leave until start to freeze (approximately 1 hour) and then store in a plastic bag. To bake, remove from freezer and put straight into the oven.