Healthy, easy to make and very tasty. Try this dish today!
servings: 4 / preparation time: 1 hour
1.5 lb. butternut squash, cut into cubes
4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
½ onion, chopped
2 to 3 tbs. olive oil
thyme to taste
coarse sea salt, to taste
1 – In a baking pan, put all ingredients and stir well.
2 – Bake at 350°F, for about 45 minutes.
3 – Every 15 minutes, remove pan from the oven, mix with a spoon and return to bake.
Tips and Options:
- The dish can be served cold or hot.
- Serve as side dish to any meat, poultry and fish.
- The baking time varies according to the size of the cubes you cut. Taste as you go to ensure that they are soft as you prefer.
- To have less work washing the baking pan, line it with foil paper.
- Blend the left overs (adding water). Freeze and use to make a creamy soup!
Besides being very tasty, butternut squash contains carbohydrates, protein, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, vitamins A, C and E, and very little fat.