Your guests are going to come back to your house very soon after they try this recipe. So good!
preparation time: 1h30m
5 chicken breasts fillet (about 1 inch thick)
salt to taste
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups plain bread crumbs
oil to fry
1 cup tomato sauce (caned or homemade)
2 – In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
3 – Dip the fillets in the egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
4 – With the oil hot, fry the fillets until the crust is golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
5 – Spread a small ladle of tomato sauce in a big baking dish and place the chicken fillets.
6 – Add mozzarella on top of each fillet and add remaining sauce on the top.
7 – Bake at 350°F until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to boil (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Tips and Options:
- For better tasty, season breadcrumbs with lemon zest, salt and thyme.
- After coating the chicken on egg and crumbs, you can fry the fillets on two different ways: dipped fried (like french fries) or using a skillet. To do this, place 2 tablespoons of oil and fry both sides for about 2 minutes each.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley, chives or basil.
- To make the dish less caloric, grill the chicken and then start follow the instructions from step 5.
- Serve with white rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Side dish suggested: Angel Hair with Garlic and Broccoli.