Sesame + sunflower seeds are excellent helpers for weight loss.
preparation time: 20 minutes
2 collard greens leaves
3 cabbage leaves (white or purple)
1 can tuna
½ tbsp (tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
juice of ½ lemon
1 tbs sesame salt
1 cup white sesame seeds
1 cup black sesame seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbs sea salt
1 – In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon and sesame salt.
2 – Add the tuna and stir well.
3 – Put collard greens, cabbage and radish, chopped to your preference.
1 – Place all ingredients in a dry pan and cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
2 – Grind the mixture coarsely, using a blender or food processor.
3 – Store in a dry pot, with lid.
Tips and Options:
- Add parsley or chives to the salad.
- Instead of collard greens and cabbage, use other leaves such as lettuce, spinach or napa cabbage.
- For a lighter recipe, use tuna in water.
- Chicken breast or turkey are also good options for this salad.
- The sesame salt can be used as a salt substitute for salad dressing, rice, soups, vegetables and meats.
+ about sesame salt
Also known as gomashio, the sesame salt is a Japanese condiment. The mixture is an excellent option to reduce the amount of salt consumed, reducing body water retention. Sesame seeds help to reduce cholesterol, contain antioxidants, manganese, copper and calcium. Sunflower seeds are source of vitamin E, calcium and phosphorus and has anti-inflammatory action.
How to use: Prepare food as usual and use the sesame salt as topping.
This sesame salt recipe is from my sister-in-law, Fernanda Sansone, who is a nutritionist.