Soft and juicy, this ribs have a special touch of barbecue sauce. Try it!
servings: 4 to 5 servings
preparation time: 3 hours
4 pounds baby pork ribs
6 mashed garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 3 lemons
2 tbs canola or olive oil
2 cups barbecue sauce
1 – Wash the ribs under running water and dry it with paper towel.
2 – Put the meat in a baking sheet lined with foil (shiny side up).
3 – Add oil, spreading over all meat.
4 – Put the spices: salt, pepper, lemon, garlic and barbecue sauce. Spread well.
5 – Cover the baking sheet with foil (shiny side down) and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6 – Preheat oven to 350°F and put the ribs. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7 – Remove the cover foil and return it to the oven, cooking for at least 1 more hour (at 400°F).
Tips and Options:
- Add a paprika and thyme as seasonings.
- Bake chopped onions (or mini onions) with the meat.
- To serve, leave some barbecue sauce and sliced lemons on the table.
- The meat can be seasoned a day before baking. It’ll be even tastier.
- Good side dishes for ribs: rice, corn, mashed potatoes and/or green salad.
- If you don’t like barbecue sauce, use only the other ingredients in this recipe.