Great in size, great in flavor…
preparation time: 6h30min
Rack of beef short ribs (about 6 to 7 pounds)
salt to taste
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1 – Place the meat in a big baking sheet (the same that will be used for baking).
2 – Sprinkle salt to taste throughout the meat.
3 – Leave the bone facing down and spread barbecue sauce on top (reserve a little sauce to use later on).
4 – Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil (shiny side down). Be careful not to let any part open.
5 – Bake on a low-medium heat (300-350°F) for 6 hours.
6 – Remove the entire foil and pour the rest of barbecue sauce.
7 – Raise temperature to 450°F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Spice up the dish with potatoes and onion.
- White rice, green salad or vinaigrette are good side dishes for this meat.
- If this dish is going to be made for lunch, get up early!
- Barbecue sauce is a little sweet. If you don’t like it, use only salt!
- To avoid left overs, invite friends to come over and help you out… 🙂
this recipe was created and photographed by Paulo Bom, my brother.